Реферат Курсовая Конспект
UNIT 2. MY WORKING DAY - раздел Транспорт, Методическое пособие, составленное коллективом авторов, предназначено для студентов-бакалавров первого курса неязыковых специальностей Read, Translate And Retell The Text: On Week Days I Usually G...
Read, translate and retell the text:
On week days I usually get up at 6 o'clock. I do not like to get up early, but I have to, because I have a lot of work to do during the day. I do my morning exercises, make my bed, wash, dress and go to the kitchen to have breakfast. At 7 o'clock I leave home and go to the University. As a rule I come there at a quarter to 8. The classes begin at 8 o’clock. Today we have two lectures, a seminar and an English lesson. At our English lessons we read texts, ask and answer questions and do all sorts of exercises. We speak English at the lessons. We speak English a little now, but we want to speak English well. At about 12 o'clock I generally have lunch at the canteen. I come home at about 4 o'clock. Sometimes I stay at the University till 5 or even 6 o'clock in the evening. I go to the library to get ready for my practical classes or to write areport. As a rule I have no free time on week-days. So by the end of the week I get verytired.
On returning home I usually start doing my homework. Then I have supper. After supper I wash dishes, drink coffee or tea and watch TV. I prefer old comedies and films about travelling. Sometimes I go for a walk in the park or visit my friends.
I like to read something before going to bed, listen to some music or chat on-line with my friends. At half past eleven I go to bed.
ADD TO YOUR ACTIVE VOCABULARY:
have to – быть вынужденным сделать что-либо
a lot of – много
leave home – уходить из дома
as a rule – как правило
generally – обычно
canteen – столовая
get verytired – очень уставать
get ready for smth – готовиться к ч-л.
have supper – ужинать
write areport – писать доклад
chat on-line – общаться по Интернету
Ex.1. Answer the questions:
1. When do you get up?
2. Where do you go after breakfast?
3. How do you get to the University?
4. How much does it take you to get there?
5. What do you do at the University?
6. How many classes do you have every day?
7. Who usually prepares dinner for you?
8. What do you do in the evening?
9. At what time do you go to bed?
Ex. 2. Tell about your typical day. The following questions will help you:
1. Do you get up early?
2. Is it easy for you to get up early?
3. Do you wake up yourself or does your alarm-clock wake you up?
4. Do you do your morning exercises?
5. What do you prefer: a hot or a cold shower in the morning?
6. How long does it take you to get dressed?
7. What do you usually have for breakfast?
8. Some people look through newspapers or listen to the latest news on the radio while having breakfast. What about you?
9. When do you usually leave your house?
10. Do you work? If yes, where?
11. How long does it take you to get to your University?
12. Do you go there by bus/trolley-bus or walk?
13. Where do you usually have lunch (dinner)?
14. What time do you come home?
15. How long does it take you to do your homework?
16. How do you usually spend your evenings?
17. Do you have a lot of free time?
18. Do you play any musical instrument?
19. Are you fond of listening to music?
20. What kind of music do you prefer?
21. Do you collect anything (stamps, records, postcards, coins, matchboxes, etc.)?
22. What time do you usually go to bed?
Ex. 3. Ask questions to the underlined words:
1. He wakes up at 7.
2. After breakfast he goes to his University
3. He gets there by bus.
4. He puts on his coat.
5. I greet my friends.
6. She reads English books.
7. He rests after dinner.
Ex. 4. Ask questions to the Subjects:
1. The teacher asks questions. 2. Ann cleans the rooms after breakfast. 3. We watch TV after dinner. 4. Nick goes to the library after classes.
Ex. 5. Translate from Russian into English:
a) на столе, в столе, со стола, из стола, в стол, за столом
b) в портфеле, в портфель, из портфеля
c) на урок, на уроке, после урока
d) до обеда, после обеда, во время обеда
e) до занятий, на занятиях, после занятий.
– Конец работы –
Эта тема принадлежит разделу:
ПРЕДИСЛОВИЕ... Методическое пособие составленное коллективом авторов предназначено для... Специфика пособия обусловила выбор тем универсальных для любой специальности университета содержащих общие сведения...
Если Вам нужно дополнительный материал на эту тему, или Вы не нашли то, что искали, рекомендуем воспользоваться поиском по нашей базе работ: UNIT 2. MY WORKING DAY